The implementation of mobile technology has become a fundamental part of how companies adapt to changing business environments. Mobile applications enable flexible working and improved productivity. Plus many file management systems have moved to cloud technology, which enables access real time via powerful mobile devices such as tablets, smartphones and laptops.
However, there are some notable downsides if there are no policies in place to control and secure these systems.
Implementing mobile device management (MDM) addresses many of the concerns that businesses have in regards to security and safeguarding sensitive data. These systems also enable companies to streamline processes to improve productivity and accessibility.
Take a look at how mobile device management can benefit your organization:
One of the most significant issues with mobile technology is data security. By ensuring you have a stringent policy in place will help to protect your corporate data against theft and unauthorized access in the event of a breach.
A mobile device management policy can help to safeguard data and provide an extra level of protection by incorporating the following:
· Set up controls to allow access to business systems
· Create mobile apps for your business applications
· Devices can be remotely locked and wiped if misplaced or stolen
· Restriction of data sharing and accessibility
· Create a central hub for data storage
· Monitoring device usage to recognize patterns and unexpected usage
To ensure your business doesn’t feel a loss of control as you expand into mobile technology, a mobile device management solution is a great option. Choosing a provider that offers an easy to use platform, which includes everything from emails, messaging, calendar and VPN control is essential. There are also several advanced device management options including application and server security.
If you are looking to implement mobile device management (MDM) software, a suitable solution guides you through some critical elements to tailor the software to your requirements.
Here are some of the main aspects:
· Audit of devices – An initial audit of all your devices highlights what hardware and software are in use and for what purpose.
· Easy to use portal – The mobile device management portal should provide an accessible and user-friendly experience for the administrators of the software. It should also link fluidly with your mobile devices to ensure adequate testing and monitoring can take place.
· Reporting options – Consider the reporting capabilities of the mobile device management solution. Detailed reporting is required to identify potential security threats. Plus, this information helps you to control device usage and compliance.
· Remote access – This system should allow remote access to business data and provide the capacity to limit or block specificactions or applications if they do not meet your policies.
"We've found that providing a dedicated mobile phone for each senior employee is the most effective way for us to manage our telecommunication needs. Additionally, using a business plan that has unlimited calls and combines the data allowance amongst all services is advisable" - David Pagotto - Founder and Managing Director of digital marketing agency SIXGUN
Mobile device management (MDM) is an effective way to benefit from the flexibility and improved productivity of mobile technology.It also gives you extra peace of mind and can be tailored to fit your business needs. Explore the different features and see how they could work for your organization.